Fast Forward
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making fraps videos

+2
Uprise, The Retard
Imbasha
6 posters

Go down

Making fraps videos Empty Making fraps videos

Post  Imbasha Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:20 pm

I have a problem with the fraps footage I've taken from various arena matches (why not bosses also).

First of all, if I get footage at 1680x1050 resolution watching it lags even on my pretty fast computer, so I usually switch to 1440x900 when frapsing. A simple 1-minute video ends up taking like 2 gigs of space. I have Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 for editing and stuff, that is pretty self-explanatory to learn to use so I need no advice on that.

Rather, I want to know how to compress those STUPIDLY big fraps/sonyvegaspro videos into something that takes a LOT less space so it's even possible to upload them somewhere.

I know some of you here know how to do that so please, lemme know Smile
Imbasha
Imbasha

Back to top Go down

Making fraps videos Empty Re: Making fraps videos

Post  Uprise, The Retard Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Stop using vegas and get premiere. Then i can tell you Razz
Uprise, The Retard
Uprise, The Retard

Back to top Go down

Post  Segoat Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:38 pm

I frapsed a Malygos kill at 1680x1050, compressed it down to about 450MB for a 9:30 file, keeping the resolution and quality. That was all with Vegas, Xvid codec, 5k bit-rate. Still haven't got around to uploading it, not sure I can be arsed now, failed on me too many times to care now.
Segoat
Segoat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Imbasha Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:30 pm

Mike wrote:I frapsed a Malygos kill at 1680x1050, compressed it down to about 450MB for a 9:30 file, keeping the resolution and quality. That was all with Vegas, Xvid codec, 5k bit-rate. Still haven't got around to uploading it, not sure I can be arsed now, failed on me too many times to care now.

Care to give any detailed instructions on how to do that and what do I need installed? And/or link me a good guide on doing that Smile
Imbasha
Imbasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Segoat Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:11 pm

First of all change your Project Properties (File > Properties...) to whatever Resolution you've frapsed in.
Making fraps videos Projectproperties

Then start your editing, adding music etc. Then when you need to render it, click the "Custom..." button next to the Template drop down box. Go to the videos tab and select whatever codec you want to use, I use the Xvid codec.
Making fraps videos Renderproperties

When you've sorted that, click the "Configure..." button next to the codec selection drop down box, then click "Target quantizer..." if it's defaulted to that. That toggles to a Bit-rate setting and change to about 5k.
Making fraps videos Bitrate

You should then be set to render it and get a decent quality file at a not too unreasonable size. Dunno what file type you plan to save it as, but I use avi. Hope that helps.
Segoat
Segoat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pazifex Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:06 pm

i normally use windows movie maker, its ok for editing and it also reduces it to the size you want Very Happy
pazifex
pazifex

Back to top Go down

Post  Segoat Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:31 pm

lol
Segoat
Segoat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Imbasha Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:34 am

Ty mike, will try that.
Imbasha
Imbasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogdagon Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:19 pm

Which audio codec are you using with Vegas? Been trying to get it to work with LAME mp3 but it just refuses. Can always use PCM then fix it manually in virtualdub or something but was hoping to skip the extra step.

Also I'm frapsing at 1600x1200, which it doesn't seem to accept, just changes the 1200 to 1080, and complains if I try to change it manually for the render. Any idea if other programs like premiere would work with this resolution?

Ogdagon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowi Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:25 pm

i used ulead when i frapsed in focus, that seemed to work fine
Snowi
Snowi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content